20 May 2013
Search the world’s largest human-powered directory
Religion and Spirituality
Saint Cyprian of Carthage
Cyprian of Carthage, Bishop and Martyr
- Biographical sketch. With prayer in traditional and contemporary language.
The Ecole Glossary: Cyprian of Carthage
- Short biography, by Karen Rae Keck.
Ecumenism and the Ecclesiology of Saint Cyprian of Carthage
- Excerpt from 'Orthodox Christianity and the Spirit of Contemporary Ecumenism', by Fr. Daniel Degyansky, considers Cyprian's doctrine a basic foundation block in Orthodox ecclesiology.
Introductory Notice to Cyprian
- From Ante-Nicene Fathers (American edition), vol. 5. About St. Cyprian of Carthage and his writings.
The Life and Passion of Cyprian, Bishop and Martyr
- By Pontius the Deacon. Ernest Wallis translation, from the Ante-Nicene Fathers (American edition), vol. 5.
On Baptism, Against the Donatists
- By St. Augustine. The Donatists were claiming Cyprian as their authority. Augustine decided that Cyprian's words were the best way to shut their mouths. J.R. King translation, slightly revised by Hartranft. With notes. From the Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers of the Christian Church, first series, vol. 4.
Patron Saints Index: Cyprian of Carthage
- Illustrated profile.
Saint Cyprian of Carthage Inspiration of Martyrs
- Describes Cyprian's role in the face of persecution, his exhortations to lay aside the fear of death, and his eventual martyrdom.
Seventh Council of Carthage under Cyprian
- Cyprian rallies eighty-seven African bishops in opposition to Pope Stephen's stance on the baptism of heretics.
St. Cyprian and Rome
- Philip Hughes details his disagreements with Pope Stephen in his treatise 'A History of the Church', volume 1, chapter 4, part V.
St. Cyprian of Carthage
- Long article in the Catholic Encyclopedia on this bishop and martyr.
St. Cyprian on the Church and the Papacy
- J Chapman examines his stance on the independence of bishops versus the Primacy of Rome in a united Church.
The Treatises of S. CĂ¦cilius Cyprian, Bishop of Carthage, and Martyr
- Cardinal Newman comments on 'The life of St. Cyprian' by Pontius the deacon and the Proconsular acts of his martyrdom.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor
Modified by VinDSL
1996-2010 - Lenon.com - All Rights Reserved.
This Website is Powered by an Enhanced Version of
The Most Advanced
Content Management System
in the World.
Script generation time: 0.732 seconds (PHP 47% - MySQL 53%)
Queries: 27 | Views last 5 mins: 214 | Server load: Adequate (1.86)